Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Blog/Pre-new Life Post!

I've decided that after writing in the old blog since senior year -- over six years -- and now I'm a "grown up", it's time to start a new blog with a new idea. The old blog was begun (besides the "because everyone's doin it" reason) was mostly to talk about high school things. Boys, silly surveys, how horrible teachers were, etc. I used it in college every once in a while to update my life when that seemed necessary and most recently, I've used it to be involved in the runner's community.
I seem to need a blog with a new purpose. Although I'm sure there will be plenty of days during my first year of teaching that I come home and write "omigosh, what have I gotten myself into!" posts, the SOLE purpose of this is really not to whine about how hard my first year of teaching is, even though it will be difficult. I hope to blog more about things I'm doing outside my professional life. Daily things to keep myself on track -- recipes, exercise log, random things and thoughts that I find online -- for example, who heard that Lindsay Lohan is going to jail!? Who knows what this will evolve into, I'm just hoping to use it more often than the last one, in which I've written in a total of 3 times this year after writing that I hoped to write more this year...whoops.

So -- come August 1st I will be moving to the Richmond area, perhaps in the actual city of Richmond, perhaps more towards suburbia, I am still undecided. My job starts the last week in August and I will be teaching five classes of 6th grade science and one class of 8th grade science. I have a Promethean Board (SmartBoard, pretty much the same thing, different brand) in the classroom and I am really excited to get to see my classroom for the first time next week when I'm down there apartment-hunting. Besides getting to see my brother and sister-in-law more often, we'll be about 30 minutes apart, and joining a gym, there's not much else that I know about my "new life", but I am so so excited about it!

2 comments:

  1. I heard that LiLo is going to jail on the radio this morning - they played a clip of her begging the judge to be lenient and it was all such BS. Hopefully jail will set her straight.

    I'm so excited about your new life and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I'm really happy for you, Emily. You will be an awesome science teacher... in CHESTERFIELD of all places.

    ReplyDelete