Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas fun

I know I never post here, but here's some Christmas fun that's floating around the blogiverse.
 
1. egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. I tried egg nog once, never again!
2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? At my parents' house, Santa used to leave his gift unwrapped.
3. colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on the tree.
4. do you hang mistletoe? No, it's bad for dogs and our dogs WOULD find a way to get it.
5. when do you put your decorations up? We got our tree two weeks before Christmas but it didn't get decorated until a week later.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Grandma's mac and cheese
7. favorite holiday memory as a child? My brother and I spilling the beans about everything we knew our parents were getting each other :)
8. when and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea.
9. do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to, now we celebrate with my dad's parents and aunt&uncle on Christmas Eve so we don't really need to open one from immediate family, we're a little more patient.
10. how do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, assorted ornaments, and a crocheted angel on top
11. snow! love it or dread it? I hate cold and I hate snow. I don't mind quite as much if it's enough to get it out of school.
12. can you ice skate? Yes, the last time I did was at all-night grad party.
13. do you remember your favorite gift? I think my favorite gift was my mac a few years ago. It was a Christmas/birthday/college graduation gift.
14. what’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? This year it's that it's my first Christmas that I get to spend with Joel. Last year, we'd been dating for a month when Christmas came along so I'm not really sure our family took us seriously so we got to spend Christmas Eve together but not Christmas Day. The most important thing every year is continuing traditions.
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? Grandma's sugar cookies
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending Christmas Day at my grandparents' house "up country". Unfortunately this is the last year as they have decided that this is their last Christmas and in the next year, they'll be moving to a retirement community.
17. what tops your tree? a crocheted angel that my fiance's grandmother made
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Is it cheating to say both? I love picking out gifts that I think people will enjoy but it would suck to get to Christmas morning and not get anything.
19. candy canes: yuck or yummy? Depends on the flavor.
20. favorite Christmas show? Elf.
21. saddest Christmas song? I'll let you know the next tears I shed while listening to the Christmas music station.
22. what is your favorite Christmas song? Baby it's Cold Outside

No comments:

Post a Comment