Sunday, August 29, 2010

The rest of the photo tour of my home

So, I said I'd blog about it a room at a time and that just didn't happen, considering I've shown the bathroom and the closet so far. So...on to the rest!

As you walk in my front door:
To the left -


To the right - 
Inside the pantry -

From the living room into the dining area -

And if you continue to the right of the dining area, you get to the bedroom:
Looking straight in -

To the left -

On the wall where the door is -
And lastly is the washer/dryer closet -

I really love this place and I'm quite happy with the fact that I found it. I'd say that it's quiet here, but I feel like after living with college freshmen for 6 years, that's kind of a given. Tomorrow is the first day for teachers and I'm pretty anxious. I can't imagine the mess I'm going to be next Monday when it's the night before the kids come. I also have 6th grade orientation/6th grade back-to-school night on Thursday so I'm sure I'll be pretty crazy during the day on Thursday. I might need a tranquilizer come next Monday in order to get some sleep before the first day of school. At least it's mostly excitement and I'm not dreading it at all...just nerves!

Lots more the blog about...all the cooking I've gotten to do lately and to talk about the great family heirlooms that I've gotten lately....but, who knows when I'll have time again to blog!

5 comments:

  1. Preeeeetty... what is your quilt made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The front is 25 t-shirts from swimming. I cut them out, my mom ironed them onto interfacing and sewed them together with plain black fabric between them. The back is just quilter's cotton (it's blue and swirly so it looks like water). She then found a quilter who put it all together and used some awesome quilting/sewing machine so the quilting looks like swirling water as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty curtains in your bedroom; where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target!! I might get the ones from my living room there, too...or my mom might make them. I'm just having trouble deciding what color I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place is so nice...I can't to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete